- Hasbro is releasing a Cheater’s Edition of Monopoly this autumn.
- The twist on the classic game will encourage fans to cheat during gameplay.
- The game will come with 15 cheat cards which will ask you to complete tasks like stealing from the bank or moving someone else’s token.
- Successful cheating will earn you rewards like extra cash monies or free properties!
- If you get caught, you can be made to hand over money or get actually handcuffed to the board game in jail. (Yes it comes with handcuffs)
Have you ever stolen from the bank when nobody is looking? Or tried to avoid paying rent when landing on someone else’s property? If that’s you then Hasbro is releasing a new version of Monopoly just for you!
The object of the game is still to be the player with the most money at the end of the game, but this will be harder to achieve as with this version all of the players will get away with cheating as many times as they can during gameplay.
As with the standard edition of Monopoly, you will have the Community Chest & Chance cards in the middle of the board, but in this instance there is a new stack of ‘Cheat’ cards. 15 of them!
At any point in the game five cheat cards will be spread in the middle of the board and the players have to fulfill them. These cards will ask players to complete tasks such as:
- Stealing money from the bank.
- Placing a hotel on one of your properties.
- Removing a hotel from someone elses property.
- Taking an extra $100 from the bank when you pass go!
- Moving another players token instead of your own.
- Short changing another player when you land on their space.
- Collecting rent for someone elses property.
If any of the cheats are completed successfully, they will get a reward, if they get caught, they get punished. Once a cheat has been attempted you flip over the cheat card, the back of the card lists the specific punishment or reward for that particular challenge.
The worse case scenario is that you get caught and end up physically handcuffed to the board whilst in jail! Best case of course is free money! and we all like that one.
Another change in standard Monopoly protocol is that no one is designated as the banker! Each player takes care of the banking themselves, making it easier to pull of bank related cheats!
You will also notice some subtle changes to the board too such as a property that is free for the taking!
In this version of the game, Hasbro have decided to embrace the less-than-honest fans by encouraging them to partake in the iconic Monopoly moments that always occur during family game nights.
Monopoly Cheaters Edition will be available in the Autumn of 2018 from us here at Refresh Play! Tell us what you think of the game in the comments below.
*Photos are from the USA edition of the game
Click Here To Buy
Monopoly Cheaters Edition